Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Most Loved Quilt in the World

Over the years, I have made a Christmas quilt for each grandchild. When I made M's quilt I had also made N's quilt. I couldn't decide which quilt to give which grandchild so I wrapped them up in identical Christmas wrapping paper so even I wouldn't know who got which quilt.

When M opened his quilt, he immediately scooped it up and hugged it. He hasn't let go of it since. I believe he was about 3 years old at the time; he just turned 12. This is what remains of this well-loved quilt.

(PS - his mom says that she finds shreds of it in his pockets. "Don't leave home without it.")



3 comments:

Allison said...

What an incredibly well loved quilt! I think it's gotten more holes since the last time I saw it 2 years ago. At least you know that your work was appreciated mom!

Stephanie said...

I don't think I've ever seen a quilt loved as much as this one ... EVER! And to think that he's carrying scraps around. Wow.

Unknown said...

Wow! I guess the spiderweb design is in! Good thing you got your points straight. You never know when some one will look closely at your quilting. :) Good job grandma!