Sunday, March 15, 2009

Wedding Quilt No 1

Yesterday – 15 March 2009 – the Riyadh International Quilt Guild held its annual Challenge Quilt Contest. The theme this year was “Stars.” I entered my first Wedding Quilt made for our grandchildren. (I plan on doing one for each grandchild to give to them when they are married.) This quilt measures approximately 95" x 95". All fabrics were purchased here in the Magic Kingdom.

We had outside judges come to judge the quilts – someone who didn’t know any of our work.


but my most pleasing award was “Viewer’s Choice,” this is where the Guild members vote on their favorite quilt.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

What a beautiful quilt!!! Congrats on the award. It'd be my pick, too! It's hard to imagine the 'grand kids' starting marry off, but time sure flies! Miss you.

Allison said...

Congratulations Mom! It has turned out SO well.

Sj2b House of Books said...

I love this one. Almost finished my 2nd quilt and maybe will aspire to one of these later.