Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Progress on Wedding Quilt #2


Here is my almost finished Wedding Quilt #2. It is hung over a rod so you don't see the entire quilt. It is BIG. But then, this project of a wedding quilt for each grandchild is BIG.



A picture of an individual block. Each block has 4 embroidery motifs as its quilting. All total, there will be a total of 304 individual embroidery motifs.


Here I am showing how I put this quilt together in sections. It is too large to do as a whole.

I am asked who gets which quilt.
That is yet to be determined.
All I have said is that they have to get married to get a quilt!

4 comments:

Allison said...

With the quilts as big as they are, it's a good thing you are starting so early. I love this whole idea, mom. It reminds me of your parents and all the quilts they had ready for the grandkids. I love my quilts from them.

Dave and Sue's Blog said...

Marie, the quilt is gorgeous!!! You always do such a great job!!! I'm sure that we'll see you this summer. Call when you get to Utah, and we'll have lunch!

Stephanie said...

It's beautiful! Like Ali said, I remember picking a quilt from Grandma Atwood. Love it!!

Glenn and Karen Spencer said...

Marie, I am so thankful you are OK! By the looks of your car, is seems like a miracle to me that you made it. Your quilts are fantabulous! You are a master. How many grandchildren do you have now? That is a HUGE project. I am just making 9 nightgowns for Christmas and that has seemed big to me. Thanks for the recipe. Please call when you are here this summer. I would love to see you. Love, Karen